The Friday Club is is a great blog carnival run by Notes From Home. This week her prompt is: Five Things You Want Your Children To Know About You…
So here are my pearls of wisdom. Are you listening kids??
• Nothing you ever do or say will stop me from loving you – although you might really piss me off sometimes. And you can tell or ask me anything, even if it feels awkward.
• I’d like to be your friend, but I’ll always be your mother first. Remember I used to be young too. You need to understand that everything you get up to, I got up to first, and I know all the tricks. All of them.
• I don’t care if you get angry at me, or even hate me sometimes, but it’s really important that you respect me, our family, and our home.
• Most of the time I absolutely adore your company, but every now and again I just need to pull into my little shell and not talk for a while. It’s not you, it’s me, and I’ll come out again very soon. Promise!
• I want you to do well for yourselves, and for your own sense of achievement and self worth. Don’t ever feel like you have to prove anything to me – I’m already so proud of you I could burst.